RACE PLATES FOR PROFESSIONAL FARRIERS
Well-Shod stocks a wide variety of race plates in front or hind pattern.
Every racetrack has different regulations on toe lengths and we stock all major options.
RACE PLATES COME WITH A VARIETY OF OPTIONS, HERE ARE A FEW FOR YOU TO CONSIDER:
- Front Pattern Horseshoes-These are pre-shaped to a rounder shape like a horse’s front hoof.
- Hind Pattern Horseshoes-These are pre-shaped to a more pointed shape like a horse’s hind hoof.
- Unclipped Horseshoes- This is a steel shoe that has no side clip or toe clip and is solely applied with nails. Farriers often like to add their own clips to unclipped shoes, getting a custom fit.
- Clipped Horseshoes-Clips on shoes can be either quarter clipped, side clipped or toe clipped. Clips help hold the shoes in place in addition to nails.
- Toe Grab-Toe grabs on the shoes are different lengths and used on different tracks like dirt, turf or synthetic.
Toe Grabs Available at Well-Shod:
- Quarter Horse Toe- 8mm Height
- Regular Toe- 5.5mm Height
- Low Toe- 3.9mm Height
- XT Toe-2mm Height
- Flush Toe-0mm Height (The shoe is flush)