HOOF PADS FOR PROFESSIONAL FARRIERS
Well-Shod stocks a wide variety of hoof pads to help with numerous hoof health issues.
Every horse has different needs from rodeo events to the showring, making sure you have the right pads for the job is crucial to the performance of the horse.
Hoof Pads come with a variety of options, here are a few options for you to consider:
- Aluminum Pads- These are used to help protect the hoof, typically in a medical situation requiring medication on the hoof. Available in stabilizer, protector and full pads.
- Leather Pads- Leather pads are perfect for shock absorption and allowing a faster healing process. These pads are available in flat, wedge, bar wedge, rim and draft.
- Plastic Pads- Plastic pads encompass a large variety of options from comfort to medical needs and have a wide range of sizes and options.
- Snow Pads- Snow pads are designed to help keep snow from balling up in the horses hooves. There are front and rear shaped options available. The most common snow pad is the rim pad, however a full pad option is available.
- Miscellaneous Hoof Pads- There are several more options available in the hoof pad range. Most are for special situations like the Styrofoam pad set for horses in the acute stage of laminitis or the steel Bubble pads that provide relief to a horse with arthritic or skeletal issues in the equine digit.
- Pad Rivets- Pad rivets are used to attach the pad to the shoe. Most of these options are made of copper to help decrease the likelihood of rust.